Make a Chinese Dragon
Here we show you how to make this brightly coloured Chinese Dragon in easy steps. His flexible body will move up and down like the real thing and remember to give him a friendly face because Chinese Dragons aren't fierce fire-breathing creatures.
You will need:
- 2 strips of red and yellow or orange paper (75cm long and 3 cm wide)
- orange and green card
- yellow, white, red and orange paper
- a pencil
What you do:
- Cut out the dragon's head shape from an 8cm by 8cm square of red paper.
- Cut an 8cm by 3cm rectangle from a piece of green paper and snip wavy lines almost to the full length to make the dragon's beard. Glue the beard to the back of the chin of the dragon's head.
- Cut some teeth from white paper and stick them just above the beard. Cut out two eye shapes also from the white paper and glue them on together with further shapes, as in the photograph, to decorate the dragon's head. Add sequins for eyes and nostrils.
Find out how to make the body and finish your Chinese dragon.