Make a Goat Mobile
How about making this goat mobile to celebrate the Year of the Goat? Simply download our template which will give you the shape you need and follow our step-by-step illustrated instructions.
You will need:
- A4 card (options white/grey/light brown)
- pink paper or card for tongue
- cream card for horns
- glue stick
- thread or wool
- googly eyes
- matching felt-tip pen
What you do:
- Download our Make a Goat template and print onto A4 card of your choice of colour.
- Cut out shapes along all solid lines. If you decide to choose a different colour for the horns or tongue, use the template to cut out their shapes on different coloured card or paper.
- Make a small hole with a needle through the spot on the dotted line of the rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle along dotted line. This will give you a flap.
- Glue one end of the tongue and place under the flap. Do not stick the bottom end down so the tongue is left hanging free.
- Glue the dotted area of the face, turn over and stick onto the flap. Glue the tips of the horns and stick them either side of the small hole in the fold.
- Fold the ears along their fold line. Put glue on the top corners of flap both back and front and stick the ears either side of the folded flap.
- Use the template to cut-out eyes or use googly eyes and stick onto the goat's face just below the horns.
- Draw a nose on the face lightly with a pencil first and then go over with a felt-tip marker pen. Take care not to draw on the tongue. It may help to put some paper over the tongue while you draw. Glue the top edge of the beard, turn over and stick the beard on below the tongue.
- Lastly take a piece of wool or thread and make a knot in the end. Thread it through the hole inside the flap so the goat hangs in the air on the knot. You may need to put sticky tape over the knot to stop it from pulling through the hole.
- Hang your goat up in a place where you can see it and enjoy it moving around.