Easter Nests Recipe
To make 10 Easter Nests you will need:
- 225g (8oz) milk chocolate
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 100g (4oz) cornflakes
- Packet of candy-coated mini eggs
- Paper baking cases
- A baking tray
- A large saucepan
What you do:
- Place ten of the paper baking cases into the hollows of the baking tray.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place these into a large saucepan.
- Add the butter into the pan. Dip a tablespoon into hot water to warm it up before using it to add the golden syrup into the pan.
- Heat the pan stirring the mixture all the time until the chocolate and the butter have melted.
- Turn off the heat. Add the cornflakes to the mixture gently stirring them until they are covered with the chocolate. Be careful not to crush the cornflakes too much.
- Put the cornflake mixture into each of the paper baking cases. Make a small hollow in the centre of each nest with the back of a teaspoon.
- Place a few eggs in each nest and then place the tray into the fridge to allow the nests to set. Remove after about an hour.
- Either keep on or remove paper baking cases and arrange on a plate when you are ready to serve them. They are best stored in an airtight container in the fridge but need to be eaten within three days.