Updated on: 27 September, 2021
The Topmarks website (www.topmarks.co.uk) and our apps such as Hit the Button Maths are owned and operated by Topmarks Online Ltd.
We take privacy seriously at Topmarks and this policy explains what personal information we collect and use, and how we protect your rights to privacy.
By providing us with any information about yourself when you contact us or use our website, you consent to allow us to process your personal information as per this Policy.
How we use your information
Visitors to our Website
Your privacy is important to us and as such, our use of your personal data and cookies is minimal. We use two types of cookies on Topmarks.
- Strictly necessary cookies help to make our website function properly. Examples include a cookie to record your cookie preferences, and cookies to enable your shopping cart when purchasing apps on our website.
- Cookies are used by our advertising providers, such as Google, to allow for frequency capping, aggregated ad reporting and to combat fraud and abuse. We do not use or allow any personalised advertising cookies on our site to help maintain your privacy.
Traffic and Security
Personal data that you may provide when using our website
We use your birth date to determine the Chinese Zodiac animal for the given date on our Chinese Zodiac calculator. We do not collect and store your birth date, nor do we share it with any third parties.
Links to Other Websites and Social Media
Users of Our Apps
Topmarks does not collect or share any personal data about you via our apps. All pupil data is stored locally on your device so only you have access to the profile information. Our apps have no adverts, no in-app purchases or external links.
People Who Contact Us
When you email us or contact us on our website with questions or support requests, you provide your name and email address, as well as details of your query. This data is emailed to us and we use it only to deal with your specific query, after which time your details are deleted. We do not share the personal data that you provide with any third parties.
Protecting your information
We take steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access using generally accepted security measures. The measures and safeguards include limiting access to the data to those persons who need it to complete their work for Topmarks, encrypting web traffic and emails which may include personal data using Transport Layer Security (TLS), using firewalls and anti-virus software to protect computer systems, and storing personal information in secure operating environments. That said, Topmarks cannot and does not guarantee and does not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
The personal data that we collect and process is stored within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Your rights to access your personal data
You have the right to see the personal data we hold about you and to ask us to:
- Make any changes to ensure that any personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
- Erase or stop processing any personal information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it.
- Transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party.
If you wish to do this, please contact us.