Make a Perky Penguins Christmas Card
We love the look of these two little penguins and we think you will too. This card is so simple to make and we think your friends and family will love to receive it. We haven't added any Christmas message but you could easily add your own if you want. You will need to be patient by allowing the black paint to dry on the penguins' bodies before you add the white paint if you want the best result. You can speed things up by putting your card in a warm place.
What you need:
- A5 sized card
- white paint
- black paint
- small paintbrush
- black felt-tip pen
- glue stick
- old sponge (foam)
- small piece of orange paper
- cotton bud
What you do:
- Write a Christmas message of your choice inside the card.
- Dab the sponge lightly into the white paint and gently dab the bottom of your folded card to create the snowy ground. Only create a thin covering of 'snow' so that you can still see some of the original colour showing through. Allow to dry.
- Using your small brush paint black oval shapes. Allow to dry.
- After carefully washing out your brush, paint white tummies on your penguin bodies. Allow to dry. You may need to add another coat of white when dry.
- Using the black felt-tip pen draw little webbed feet on your penguins.
- Gently dip the cotton bud into the white paint, only getting a tiny amount of paint on it. Practise making small dots on a piece of paper first and then make two tiny dots for eyes on each penguin. When these are dry add a black dot in each eye using the black felt-tip pen. Cut tiny orange paper triangles and give each penguin a beak.
- Using very tiny amounts of paint on your cotton bud add random snowflakes. Be careful not to add too many.